Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Project

About me:
I am currently a junior in the UCF BFA film class. I recently completed my second film in the program and am now working on my third (of four). For more info about me, go to my website: www.stephsegler.com

About the Project:
I decided to make a documentary instead of a narrative film for my capstone (senior project). That came about after I went to a local show at Pulse night club in Orlando, FL to support one of my friends who needed jaw surgery. Among the performers that night were several transgendered entertainers. One in particular stood out to me: Spikey Van Dykey, also known as Jamie Kalman. Spikey is a male impersonator/gender bender with some pretty killer dance moves. After her show, I got in contact with her and asked her if she'd be willing to be a part of this project. Lucky for me, she said that she'd love to be a part of it!

I want to focus the Doc on getting to know Spikey more outside the entertainment realm, really getting to know her as a person. However, after talking to several of my classmates, I have decided to open up the documentary to the people who are most important: the fans.

That being said, if anyone has any particular questions or topics you would like to see covered in this film, please leave a comment or send me an email (you can contact me via my website).

I'll try to keep the blog pretty up to date. keep checking back for more info!

Steph Segler
www.stephsegler.com

No comments:

Post a Comment