Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Audience questions: (What is Transgender?)

Two posts in one day!

The links to the facebook group as well as my personal website are on the right side of the screen. With my website, go to 'current projects' then hit 'next' to see the Spikey Doc page.

Feel free to comment on the blog still or send me a message via my website or through the facebook group. I'm thinking about put a parental block on the blog for adult content. Thoughts? I would like to leave it open for everyone, just in case anyone out there is curious.

Here are some things that a few fans wanted to know more about:

- Why did she choose 'Spikey Van Dykey' as her stage name?
- Several people would like to know if Spikey has had top or bottom surgery or if she is or has any thoughts on becoming transgendered [previously, I had described Spikey as transgendered, but have since changed it to "gender bender" due to my lack of knowledge on the situation]
- The topic of Spikey's sex life has come up several times. People are very curious as to how things are done in the bedroom - which relates back to the previous question.
- Also, an elaboration of exactly what transgendered means, whether a person is only considered transgendered with the surgery, or whether people who are 'queer-gendered' should/could also be considered transgendered.

That's what I have so far in addition to my original thoughts. I think one of the main topics that I'll definitely cover now is the topic of Transgender in general as opposed to gay, lesbian, queer, etc.

Kepp the comments coming!

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment